Lead Software Developer:
Digital has full-time openings for Lead Software Developer(s) located in Farmington Hills, MI.
Play a lead role in working with a professional, seasoned CGI staff through hands-on assistance as business needs arise for technical development. Work with business and production teams in identifying, designing, and developing technical solutions in Unity and various S.W. programs.
As a developer lead, the job requires a visionary role in implementing our business opportunities into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of the customer.
Primary Job Duties:
- Senior-level research, design, and development of existing proprietary computer S.W. systems.
- Aid in researching and adopting new and emerging technologies, evaluating new tools, technologies, and platforms to be included in projects.
- Work with vendors to understand and perform technical due diligence on third-party deliveries.
- Work with internal management and customer business teams to ensure that multiple complex project outcomes are consistent with department business strategy.
- Maintain core systems operation of existing coded base tools as required, following all security guidelines.
- Write clear documentation for tools/scripts including video tutorials and other documentation means.
- Identify ways to improve the operation of existing internal S.W. tools to achieve efficiencies and results in process improvement.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with proven technical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in various software design patterns and be able to apply appropriate design patterns to solve business/technical problems with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Required - Unity Programming:
- Understanding the concepts of 3D modeling, scenes, lighting, 3D file formats, and materials.
- Experience with working with 3D editors, such as 3DS Max.
- Programming languages: C#.
- Experience with programming games or other interactive software.
Additional Skills/Plus - Android Programming:
- Experience with developing mobile applications using Android Studio.
- Programming language: Java.
Additional Skills/Plus - 3DS Max Scripts:
- Understanding the concepts of 3D modeling and rendering, experience with working with 3D editors, such as 3DS Max.
- Experience with building user interfaces.
- Understanding of render farm management software: Deadline, Backburner, etc.
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Max, Maya, Fusion, Nuke.
- Basic understanding of production processes for CGI production is preferable.
- Experience with Visual Effects Asset Management System design or development.
Apply at www.dimage.com/careers or submit portfolios and resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.